爸爸说:“当然可以,是什么呢?”
儿子说:“爸爸,你一个小时赚多少钱?”
爸爸说:“你为什么问这样一个问题?”
儿子说:“我只是想知道,请你告诉我你一个小时赚多少钱好吗?”
爸爸说:“我一小时赚100美元。”
儿子说:“哦!(低着头)。
儿子说:“爸爸,我可以借$ 50吗?”
父亲生气了。
爸爸说:“这是你问这个问题的唯一原因吗?如果你是想要借钱买无聊的玩具或其他没用的东西,那么你自己回到你的房间上床睡觉,想想为什么你会那么自私。我每天这么辛苦的工作,你这样的行为太幼稚了。“

小男孩悄悄地来到他的房间,关上了门。
爸爸坐了下来想想,更加愤怒儿子的问题 “他怎么敢提出这样的问题,然后只是为了借钱?”
大约过了一个小时左右,爸爸开始平静下来了,他想:
也许,他真的需要买是50美元,他要钱也不是经常的事。于是,爸爸来到小男孩的房间,打开了房门。

爸爸说:“你睡着了吗,儿子?”

儿子说:“爸爸,我还醒着”。
爸爸说:“我一直在想,刚才也许我是太为难你了。爸爸今天很累,所以拿你出闷气。这里是50元。”

这个小男孩坐直了起来,面带微笑。
儿子说:“哦,谢谢你,爸爸!”
然后,他到他的枕头底下拿出一些被弄皱了的钞票。爸爸看到儿子已经有钱了,又开始生气了。小男孩慢慢地数他的钱,然后抬头看着他的父亲。

爸爸:“你已经有钱了,为什么还想要更多?”

儿子说:“因为我的钱不够,但现在够了。“

“爸爸,我现在有了100元,可以向你买一个小时的时间吗?请你明天早点下班,我想与你一起吃晚餐。”
父亲心碎了。他用双臂搂着他的小儿子,并恳求他的原谅。这只是一个简短的故事,为了是提醒在辛勤工作大家。我们不能让时间从我们的手指缝溜过而没有花一些时间陪伴我们在乎的人。
如果我们明天就死掉,我们努力工作的公司可以很容易地在短短几天内找新的人取代我们。但是,对于被我们留下的家人和朋友来说,这是一辈子都没有人可以取代的。所以,请珍惜爱你和你爱的人。

SON: "Daddy, may I ask you a question?"
DAD: "Yeah sure, what is it?"
SON: "Daddy, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?"
SON: "I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you m...ake an hour?"
DAD: "If you must know, I make $100 an hour."
SON: "Oh! (With his head down).
SON: "Daddy, may I please borrow $50?"
The father was furious.
DAD: "If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I work hard everyday for such this childish behavior."
The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.
The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?
After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think:
Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $ 50 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

DAD: "Are you asleep, son?"

SON: "No daddy, I'm awake".
DAD: "I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier. It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the $50 you asked for."

The little boy sat straight up, smiling.
SON: "Oh, thank you daddy!"
Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills. The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his father.

DAD: "Why do you want more money if you already have some?"

SON: "Because I didn't have enough, but now I do.

"Daddy, I have $100 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you."
The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little son, and he begged for his forgiveness. It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts. Do remember to share that $100 worth of your time with someone you love? If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of days. But the family and friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives. And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into work than to our family.

Some things are more important.

2#
发表于 2013-3-25 15:06:38 | 只看该作者
Some things are more important.
珍惜爱你的人和你爱的人
3#
发表于 2013-4-11 23:55:03 | 只看该作者
哇···中英文故事·看来君临文化高很多了
4#
发表于 2013-4-12 19:53:55 | 只看该作者
这个故事。看了让人感动。

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|清远君临志愿者 ( 中华人民共和国组织机构代码56665861-0 粤清城社证字第0048号 粤ICP备16013497号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 03:12 AM , Processed in 1.042405 second(s), 15 queries .